The Brand Hatchery, an award-winning advertising, branding and interactive agency in Dallas, TX, is looking for an experienced and passionate WordPress Developer to join our team. As an interactive developer, you will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating WordPress themes and integrations. We expect you to have a strong understanding of building completely custom WordPress sites that serve a variety of purposes.
Please send email and samples of your work to [email protected]
- Provide a critical eye when it comes to front-end appearance and UX
- Code pixel-precise sites in WordPress
- Establish and guide the website’s architecture
- Design and implement new features and functionality
- Ensure high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Help formulate an effective plan to convert static mockups/prototypes into working, scalable WordPress sites with extensive admin areas
- Create training tutorials and documentation
- Provide ongoing maintenance/improvements for clients
- Work with clients to launch the sites on their servers
- Work on a client’s behalf to research and find solutions
- Ability to provide excellent work when it comes to front-end appearance and UX
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and Github.
- Very strong understanding of PHP back-end development